Lower the cost of IMS batch processing
BMC Application Accelerator for IMS offers an intuitive interface that empowers system administrators to quickly and easily optimize their IMS batch-processing environment. With this solution, you will:
- Reduce CPU costs and elapsed time for IMS batch processing jobs.
- Take advantage of an intuitive, rules-based interface to automate optimization tasks.
- Track the savings delivered with in-depth performance reporting.
Monitor and optimize batch process performance
Application Accelerator for IMS follows a proven approach to IMS batch processing optimization. Observe your batch-processing environment closely—looking for slow or resource-hungry jobs—to determine where optimization can save you time and resources. Then implement the optimization techniques that will work best to boost efficiency.
Powerful optimization methods
Put automated optimization protocols in place to get problem processes running at peak efficiency, including BMC enhanced I/O substitution, OSAM sequential buffering and DFSVSAMP tuning.
Select the most effective optimization technique for each job, using the solution’s context-based suggestions as a guide.
Build automated optimization protocols that will run batch jobs with read-type DL/I calls that match the filters and criteria you define.
Support for multiple application types
Streamline your resource usage for BMP, DL/I, and DBB applications.
View recommendations and savings, and do policy administration from the graphical user interface, no JCL or application code changes needed.
- Use intuitive reporting features to gain valuable insight into your IMS batch processing performance.
- View your CPU savings as they amass, with reports that break down savings by individual batch job.
- Export your resource savings data so that it can be used for reporting purposes in other applications.
Extend your optimization capabilities
BMC Subsystem Optimizer provides data access and communication across LPARs, making it possible to efficiently redirect workloads among DB2, IMS DB, IMS TM, and CICS instances to reduce MLC.
Reduce the time and resources necessary to run batch jobs with MainView Batch Optimizer.