Managing over 6,200 miles of petroleum pipeline distribution and 100 truck loading terminals in the U.S., Buckeye Partners is subject to compliance with a number of industry standards and government regulations. IT plays a vital role in demonstrating compliance by providing detailed data for rigorous twice-yearly audits. Buckeye sought to automate incident, problem, and change management to transform its audit preparation from a 25-hour manual effort to an auto-reporting process.
Buckeye chose Remedyforce to revamp its ITSM processes and address the industry’s demanding audit requirements. Remedyforce delivers robust ITSM functionality through the Salesforce.com cloud platform. Automated incident, problem, and change management processes enable the staff to capture data related to these IT disciplines and generate detailed reports with just a few clicks.
Automation through Remedyforce has yielded dramatic efficiency and productivity gains, positioning the current staff to accommodate the company’s rapid growth.
- Ready availability of detailed reports cuts audit preparation time from up to 25 hours to just one hour.
- ITSM in the cloud frees up data center space, reduces power consumption, and saves staff time that would otherwise be spent on implementation, management, and upgrades.
- Meaningful reports and dashboards support data-driven decision making.
- With data capture and reporting, staff members gain visibility into SLAs, enabling them to improve SLA compliance from 65% to 80%.
- All change request activities are captured, providing a complete audit trail for compliance purposes.
“A SaaS solution like Remedyforce makes sense for us because we don’t have to spend staff time on implementation, ongoing administration, and upgrades. We know that patches will be put in on time and, when an upgrade occurs, we know it’s been thoroughly tested.”— Eric Gleason, Service Desk Manager, Buckeye Partners